3 SMALL WAYS MARIETTA GOES “GREEN” FOR BIG IMPACT
Earth Day is upon us! Although we like to think we are earth-friendly all year round, April 22nd serves as a reminder for us to take a look at the ways in which we are being kind to our planet. As a manufacturer, it is essential that we consider the economic, environmental, and social impact of our decisions.
So, where do we start?
1 – We Make our Products at Home.
Making our products in the USA, whenever possible, means we use less energy and resources to get our products from one place to another – which simply means less pollution!
For example: A recent Zerofootprint™ study Marietta participated in to evaluate Marine Freight from overseas shipping* showed product’s annual emissions of 6,452 tonnes of CO2e are equivalent to:
- Emissions saved by taking 1,242 average-sized cars off the road in the USA
- The carbon sequestered by growing 165,436 seedlings to 10 years of maturity
- Burning 15,005 barrels of oil
- Saving $1,058,499 on an average US electricity bill
*Zerofootprint™ Greenhouse Gas Protocol – Corporate Standard.
Marietta’s sustainable manufacturing practices include:
- Reducing utility usage (electricity, water, natural gas)
- Reducing, reusing, and recycling operational waste and components
- Partnering with vendors, community organizations and companies to optimize environmental sustainability and recycling impact
- Offering customers innovative sustainable packaging solutions for the personal care industry
2 – Earth-Friendly Packaging
Marietta offers a wide variety of packaging options, including packaging designs that reduce waste and protect the environment. We do this by:
- Using light-weighted bottle designs (this can reduce plastic usage by up to 360,000 pounds annually!)
- Using 100% recyclable, environmentally friendly plastics; instead of PVC plastic, which contains harmful dioxins
- Using 100% recyclable cartons and wrappers
- Using Post Consumer Recycled Paper where applicable
- Using soy/vegetable based printing inks whenever possible
3 – Seeing “Green”
Did you know that Marietta offers the Hospitality Industry’s largest selection of green amenities available? We make a conscious effort to align ourselves with companies whose vision and values are similar to our own such as: Aveda®, Beekman 1802®, Board and Batten®, Malie®, Paul Mitchell®, PAYA® and ProTerra®.
PRODUCT ATTRIBUTE EXAMPLES INCLUDING:
- Offering the options of Gallons and Dispensers
- Biodegradable liquids and bar soaps
- Products made with natural ingredients and no harmful, harsh chemicals
- 100% vegetable base bar soap
- Envir-ooo® Light-Weighted Extruded Bar Soap* – designed to reduce waste, carbon footprint, and to protect that natural world from which it is derived. Our three channel cavity Bar Soap enables us to retain a larger dimension, improve functionality, and impact a more positive guest experience.
* Patent Pending. All Rights Reserved.
By fostering relationships with like-minded companies, we are happy to be developing earth-friendly practices not just for our generation, but for the generations that will follow.
Each year we look forward to leading by example and finding new and innovative ways to make Marietta a leader in sustainability. Tread Lighter.
© 2017 Marietta Hospitality. Other Brands shown are registered trademarks of their respective companies. All Rights Reserved.